Thursday, May 25, 2017

Week 8 EOC: Lemonade Day Final Project

Lemonade Day Final Project

So far for our final project, Lemonade Day, I have been brainstorming of different possibilities. In fact, I think I am too excited about this project and the most difficult part in this stage will be to narrow down my vision. I have a group of children in mind that I would like to ask to join me. The name of the school is Quest Academy Preparatory. They are a charter school with a few different locations in the city. The campus that I would like to ask to join me is their Bridger Campus. They are located near downtown Las Vegas.
I would love to be able to set up our business at The Container Park. It is a hip and highly foot trafficked location near the school. I know that The Container Park and Quest Academy Preparatory have already established a partnership. I think this would be the ideal place for these young entrepreneurs to begin their journey! The Container Park is home to many entrepreneurs in the city. I believe they would welcome us with open arms as well as be great supporters of what we are trying to teach these kids.
As far as the initial funding goes, I believe I can get the school’s PTO to donate the $35 dollars for our start-up cost. This amount of money will be utilized to make the initial purchase of supplies to produce our lemonade. The tables and some chairs could also be supplied by the school. I have a secondary group of children that I would like this project to impact. These kids are part of my kids’ ministry at Grace Christian Center. This group of kids have previously participated in fund raising. I have overseen those events before and would love to continue to teach the children more about pursuing financial independence.

I believe that this is going to be a very successful event. There is so much enthusiasm on my behalf and I look forward to channeling with the school’s administration, faculty and parents alike.   

No comments:

Post a Comment