Thursday, April 6, 2017

WEEK 1 EOC: MY VOICE

Hello all and welcome to my blog. I am happy you have joined me. I am an up and coming culinarian in the city of Las Vegas! My name is Irais Estrada and I have a background in many things that may surprise you. I had the privilege of serving in the United States Navy for seven years. During my enlistment, I performed as a conventional engineer aboard the USS Ronald Reagan. Prior to this career option, I was a florist in Chicago, IL. Although I enjoyed these career fields very much, I knew from an early age that culinary was my true passion. I was intrigued by many chefs and their unique renditions on different classical techniques. These days the only other thing that is a higher priority other than my baking career is my family. I have two wonderful daughters, ages five and eight. As a single parent, I strive to give them a strong foundation and teach them many things. One of the most important things I believe I can teach them is to have a strong work ethic. It is crucial they understand that it is perfectly acceptable to have big dreams and goals in life. Most importantly though, to have a clear vision and plan of attack to attain these. I am completely immersed in my craft and my children get to witness this. I often engage in volunteer opportunities and donate my time and talent for great causes. At other times I do freelance work. I love doing so because it allows me to showcase my abilities with few restrictions from my clients. In the near future, I look forward to traveling abroad to some of the culinary meccas. In particular, I would love to visit Italy, France and China. They are so strong and rich in their culinary game It would be a pleasure to experience these lovely places first hand!   

No comments:

Post a Comment